It’s the time of year that I am starting to evaluate our curriculum choices for next year. (Before I write any further, you should know I do not like change.) Here’s my top five questions in thinking about choices for next year:
- Is what I am using currently working?
- Would my child benefit from a change, even if it currently working?
- Will this curriculum fit into my schedule as a working mom? (There are some excellent programs out there, but they are over the top time consuming in my opinion. At this season, that does not work for us- in time allotment or attention span.)
- Can I make it fit in the budget of what I want to spend? (I’m not opposed to buying some used books either.)
- Will my child benefit overall from the change?
While I really like what I use, I do think we will benefit from a change in a couple of subjects- reading and spelling. Are you thinking about any changes next year?